The National Museum of African American History and Culture is hosting “Yoga for Black Lives Matter” on Sunday, June 28 from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm EDT in support of Racial Justice.
The series of events is organized by Evolving Lives Body & Mind, a yoga company in the DMV space that focuses on self-care, health and wellness.
Rachel Baylor, Founder of the place, will chair the meeting.
The 60-minute course promises to teach participants traditional yoga postures and how to combine your breath with your physical movement.
“The violent acts of hate are the result of years of systematic racism. There is no quick fix to the complex problems we face. However, we can participate in a peaceful yoga session together to tune in to the present moment and listen to our inner voice leading us to be the change we want to seek in the world “to face these challenges.” to ask and to bring about changes “, it says in the event report.
“This duty belongs to ALL US and we owe it to our country. By dedicating an hour of your day to self-sufficiency through yoga, you are preserving yourself, an act of political warfare. “
Ticket prices range from $ 5 to $ 25. All proceeds will go to various organizations that are part of the Black Lives Matter movement.
The bi-weekly series also takes place on July 12, July 26, August 9, August 23, September 13 and September 27:
- June 28th – Proceeds will be donated to Campaign Zero
- July 12th – The proceeds will be donated to Color of Change
- July 26th – The proceeds will be donated to the Legal Protection and Education Fund
- August 9th – Proceeds will be donated to Movement for Black Lives
- August 23 – The proceeds will be donated to NAACP
- September 13 – Proceeds will be donated to the National Black Justice Coalition
- September 27th – The proceeds will be donated to the National Urban League
You can still donate if you cannot attend the sessions.
You can find more details about the organizers here: www.evolvinglivesbodyandmind.com